Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Slow Going


I didn't get quite as much read last week as I'd hoped. Totally unnecessary things like dentist appointments and departmental meetings got in my way. Oh, and grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, exercise . . .

I did finish three of the novels--Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Northanger Abbey, so it's not like I didn't get anything done. That leaves Emma, Mansfield Park, and Persuasion for this week.

It's funny. I'm anxious to finish reading through the novels so that I can start writing, yet I have a suspicion that reading through them is partly a delaying tactic so I don't have to start writing yet.

I guess, when it comes to writing, there's a little bit of a procrastinator in us all.

2 comments:

metropolitan homeless said...

maybe its just january! oox

Stephanie said...

I know, but time can get away so quickly, and I only have one semester of leave left! Stress!!!