Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Not Making This Up



Great eavesdropping doesn’t just happen in Walmart. Monday I was in Little Rock, trying to finish up my Christmas shopping, and while waiting in the checkout line at Best Buy, I overheard a priceless conversation.

An elderly couple was in line behind me. I heard him say to his wife in a shocked voice, “Look over there at that yellow thing. It says, ‘Kill Bill.’”

“I think that’s the name of a movie,” she informed him.

“Oh,” he said. “I thought maybe it was talking about Bill Clinton.”

I hope they couldn’t see my shoulders shaking.

2 comments:

Mark Elrod said...

Kill Bill II might be about Bill Richardson.

I need to start spending more time in Walmart.

Or you need to start spending less!

Courtney said...

Yesterday in Walmart, I was struck by how articulate we Americans have become:

Girl 1: "Hey! That's that thing!"
Girl 2: "Yeah, it's that thingy that that girl, you know, what's-her-face was telling us about. It's that thingy that does that cool thing."

I'm not kidding.