Monday, December 15, 2008

Booking It--Time is of the Essence

This week’s Booking through Thursday questions:


1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read? (I’m guessing #1 is an easy question for everyone?)
Well, of course not. I don’t think any book lover ever gets to read as much as she wants. It’s the impossible dream.


2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

Most of my reading now could be classified as “educational,” so if I had more time to read, I’d read for escapism—Crime Drama is a favorite of mine. In fact, I just bought Patricia Cornwell’s new release Scarpetta. It’s a series I’ve followed for years. I’m trying to take time to read for pleasure during the holidays because come second of January, it’ll be all dissertation all the time.

I’d also love to have more time to read classics that I’ve missed. I have a list of books I feel I should have read, and I try (among all my other reading) to get to at least one or two of them a year, often in the summer.

2 comments:

lisa b said...

Can you share the list of books you think you should have read? It would be interesting to see if there's any overlap. Or maybe between the two of us we would make up one exceptionally well-read person!

Stephanie said...

@Lisa. I'll work on a post about it. Look for it in the next week or so. And when it comes out, I'd love to compare.

I like the tag-team approach to reading. Wish I could have used you to help with my comps!