Monday, April 6, 2009

Booking It--Movie Potential

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?
Or, what book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?


Oh, this is a hard one. I love novels, and I love movies, but often, the two don’t mix very well. If I’ve read a novel and then see the movie, I’m invariably disappointed over what they’ve left out or what they’ve changed. So, I don’t think I’m going to answer this part. A novel I absolutely love that should never be made into a movie is The Poisonwood Bible. Obviously, it’s way too long to fit standard movie length, but also, I see absolutely no way that they could portray all the nuance and paradox that Kingsolver captures in her work. I’m afraid that it would simply turn into an anti-Christian film, rather than an exploration of how religion, wrongly used, can really destroy people.

No comments: