Monday, June 7, 2010

Booking It--Long and Short


Which do you prefer? Short stories? Or full-length novels?

Nothing against short stories--I've read some really great ones, but I'm a lover of novels. The longer, the better. There's nothing like entering a tale and becoming completely immersed in the world the author has created. If a novel is really long and exceptionally well-written, sometimes it can be almost disorienting to finish it. I don't quite know what to do with myself for a while. It almost feels as if the story is so "true" it must be continuing somewhere, but I'm no longer allowed to be a part of it. Nerdy, I know.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Well, I'm a nerd too. Though I do love a good short story. My old water damaged O'Henry paperback that I found as a kid on a bookcase in Grandma's attic is held together by duct tape, but I can't seem to get rid of it.