Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Vote Goes To . . .

I don’t usually post twice in one day, but I could not help myself. Like many Americans, last night I watched coverage of the RNC, mostly to find out just who Sarah Palin is. As she spoke of tax cuts, and job experience, and her dreams for our country, my heart was stolen . . . by her seven-year-old daughter Piper. Sitting in the VIP box with the rest of the Palin family, little Piper’s confident smile contrasted with the hesitant and self-conscious smiles of her older siblings. Ever alert to protocol, she mouthed “Do we stand up now?” when the Palin family was acknowledged from the stage. During her mother’s speech, several times the camera panned to show her quite competently holding her four-month-old baby brother Trig. But when it captured her licking her hand and smoothing down the baby’s hair, well, it was all over for me. My vote goes to Piper Palin for Best Big Sister.

No comments: