Since my favorite new word means "the pursuit of small pleasures," I thought I'd begin a list of simple things that give pleasure to me. Please feel free to contribute your own.
1. a good cup of coffee in a real coffee mug
2. recreational reading
3. rocking a baby
4. getting up early just to enjoy the quiet
5. going to Bottletree Bakery for breakfast and eating one of their plate-sized cinnamon rolls (the pleasure's in the eating; I make no promises about how you'll feel if you eat the whole thing.)
6. laughing out loud
7. going to the movies in the middle of the afternoon
8. hearing a good joke and actually remembering it long enough to share it with at least one person
9. browsing in a book store
10. learning something new
To be continued . . .