Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oscar Weekend


Well, this is Oscar weekend. I love movies, but I don't get to see nearly enough of them. Here are the ten (ten! too many, I think) nominees for Best Picture:


Avatar
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious:
Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air


. . . and I've only see three of them: The Blind Side, The Hurt Locker, and Precious. I went to Market Street the other afternoon and saw A Single Man with Colin Firth, who's been nominated for Best Leading Actor for this role (a really well done film, in my opinion. One of those that gets more and more brilliant as you continue to think about it). Several films are playing there that I really want to see--An Education, The Last Station, The Young Victoria, and Crazy Heart, all of which have received various nominations for Actor/Actress in a Leading Role, Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role, and Art Direction.

I'd love to be in a movie club--something like a book club, where you get a group of friends together, watch a film, and then discuss it.

So many movies, so little time.


No comments: