Monday, January 25, 2010

Booking It--Favorite Unknown
























Who’s your favorite author that other people are NOT reading? The one you want to evangelize for, the one you would run popularity campaigns for? The author that, so far as you’re concerned, everyone should be reading–but that nobody seems to have heard of. You know, not JK Rowling, not Jane Austen, not Hemingway–everybody’s heard of them. The author that you think should be that famous and can’t understand why they’re not…


Hard question. I'm not sure that I have a favorite "unknown" author. There are a couple of authors that I really like, and I know others read them because they are famous and on the best seller list, but nobody that I know personally reads them. When I read a Jodi Picoult, I have plenty of people to talk about the novel with. But when I read Patricia Cornwell or Daniel Silva, it's me, myself, and I.


Am I mistaken? Are there any other Cornwell or Silva admirers among my readers?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

My mom is a Cornwell fan. I just saw her reading Scarpetta this weekend. You introduced me to Silva, and I really like him. He's on the Today show when he promotes a new book, so I also know Lester Holt reads his books. haha.

Ash said...

I've read a few Cornwells and really enjoyed them. At the moment I'm fixing to get back to some "quick fun reads" - I finished #8 in the Stephanie Plum series last summer and I'm swinging by the library this morning to pick up #9.

Stephanie said...

I've got to read the Stephanie Plum series. I've heard that they're great. A friend of mine wrote her masters thesis on those novels.

Ash said...

I think you'd really enjoy them...they're really fun. Also a little bit naughty and a whole lot entertaining. :)