I was listening to the radio the other day and heard this news story. A British woman's house caught fire while she was away from home. Firefighters determined that the sun, beaming through a crystal ball on the window ledge, had caused the TV to get too hot and explode. The exploding television caught the sofa on fire, and the fire quickly spread to the rest of the house.
In an interview after the fire, the woman said (you have to imagine the British accent here), "I used to like watching the sun shine through the crystal ball into the room. Now, I'm sorry I ever bought it."
You don't say.