Thursday, August 27, 2009

Michael Vick's Not That Important


The other day, I tuned into NPR and found myself right in the middle of another discussion about Michael Vick. I started to change the station--first of all, because Michael Vick's just not that important to me; secondly, because I've heard enough about him lately; and thirdly, hearing about some of the things he did to animals makes me physically ill. I didn't feel like subjecting myself to it again. But before I could push the button, I actually got hooked by the conversation:


First guy: People will forget about it. People don't care. They didn't care very long about the guys who got caught using steroids.


Second guy: Wait a minute, wait a minute. This is different. Some things are a crime of the soul. Steroids you do to yourself, but harming women, children, or animals? That's a crime of the soul. And especially if you're a believer. I mean, God gave you dominion, and you do that?


I love NPR.

No comments: