Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Couples and Pairs

While I was racking my brain to come up with literary couples for yesterday’s post, a few twosomes came to mind that just don’t fit in a “literary couples” category. They’re more like “literary pairs.” And you know me, ever loathe to leave out deserving characters, I decided to follow up with some of my most memorable literary pairs. Feel free to add to the list.

Gus and Call from Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove
Charlotte and Wilbur from E. B. White's Charlotte’s Web
Marian Halcombe and Walter Hartright from Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White
Frank and Joe Hardy--come on, surely you know this one!?!


Oh, and if you haven't already done so, don't forget to vote!

3 comments:

metropolitan homeless said...

scarlett & rhett! they were my model for 1st marriage Lol. thanx for liking blog pix! miss u xoox

metropolitan homeless said...

of course loved catherine & heathcliff. that was model for several romances. jean paul sartre & simone de beauvoir for last marriage. any recommendations for healthier lit couple aspirations b/f i do it again? lol

Ash said...

Hazel and Fiver in "Watership Down", Sterling and Rascal in "Rascal", John Thornton and Buck in "Call of the Wild", Huck and Tom in "Huckleberry Finn"...just some of my favorite literary pals. :)