Thursday, November 20, 2008

All Questions, No Answers


Literature may explore the universal themes of life, but songs pose all the important questions. Here are the ones I could think of:




How do you mend a broken heart? --The BeeGees

Will the circle be unbroken? --Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Does anybody really know what time it is? --Chicago

How long has this been going on? --The Eagles

Do you feel like I do? --Peter Frampton

How does it feel, to be on your own, with no direction home, a complete unknown, just like a rolling stone? --Bob Dylan

What’s love got to do with it? --Tina Turner

How high’s the water, papa? --Johnny Cash

How many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man? --Bob Dylan

What’s goin’ on? --Marvin Gaye

How do ya like me now? --Toby Keith

When will I be loved? --Linda Ronstadt

Do you believe in magic? --The Lovin’ Spoonful

What’s the matter with the clothes I’m wearing? --Billy Joel

Why am I so soft in the middle now? --Paul Simon

But isn’t it ironic, don’t ya think? --Alanis Morissette

Who’s making love to your old lady while you’re out making love? --Johnny Taylor

Can you add to the list?

3 comments:

Travis said...

Do you believe me now?
Vern Gosdin

Why does it have to be black or white?
Restless Heart

What becomes of the broken hearted?
Percy Sledge

Will you still love me for the rest of my life?
Chicago

Who let the dogs out?
The Baha Men

Can you feel the love tonight?
Elton John

Who wrote the book of love?
The Monotones

Who are you?
The Who

Do you really want to hurt me?
Culture Club

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

Rod Stewart

Trisha said...

Who put the bop in the bop shu bop shu bop? Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

Shawn Manley said...

Is this love?
Whitesnake

Was I right or Wrong?
Lynard Skynard

I wonder do you think of me?
Keith Whitley

Tell me is it worth just another try?
England Dan & John Ford Coley from the song "Love Is The Answer"

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight?
Phil Collins

Have you seen her?
Smokey Robinson

Isn't she lovely?
Stevie Wonder

After the love is gone, how could you lead me on?
Earth, Wind, & Fire

Who will save me from all I'm up against in this world?
Matchbox 20 from "Bright Lights"

I want to know what love is..
Foreigner

Did you see any action? Did you make any friends? Do you want some affection? Did you have any bad dreams? Would you be my companion? Have you ever been lonely?
HeadEast--from the song "Never Been Any Reason"